Your Cooling Specialists in Litchfield IL
Air Conditioning Services
Air Conditioner Service & Repair
Can’t stay cool when it’s warm outside? It’s time you called your local air conditioning specialist for the repairs and service you need to keep your air conditioning system running. At Neuhaus Heating & Air Conditioning, we provide a wide range of cooling services for customers in Litchfield, IL and throughout the surrounding communities of Bond, Macoupin, Madison & Montgomery County. As a family-owned business, we take pride in serving our neighbors with quality service, great products, and the very best customer care. With over 30 years of experience, it’s no wonder that people throughout Central IL choose us for HVAC!
We know that you don’t have time to hassle with multiple companies for your air conditioning needs. That’s why our team has been trained to ensure your system is fixed on the first visit. We arrive on time with a fully stocked vehicle full of all the parts needed to solve your problems fast. Please read below about the AC products and services that we offer.
Our Air Conditioning Products & Services
In Litchfield, IL, and throughout the surrounding areas, people know that it’s us to call for all their air conditioning needs. From a major problem on the hottest day of the year to simple maintenance that readies your system for peak season, our team of trained and qualified professionals has the experience to service commercial, residential and industrial customers. Below, we’ve included a list of the things that we can provide for your (products and services). Please contact our staff should you have any questions about this list.
- Air Conditioning Inspections
- Air Conditioning Tune-Ups
- Air Conditioning Installation
- Air Conditioning Repair
- Central Air Conditioning
- Ductless Air Conditioning
- Geothermal Heat Pumps
- Energy Efficiency Upgrades
- Standard, Medium & High-Capacity Air Filters
- Carbon Monoxide Detection
- Programmable Thermostats (digital and smart)
- Troubleshooting & Diagnosis
- Freon Leak Detection
Common Air Conditioning Problems
Air conditioners are complicated, and they’re not made to last forever. That’s where we come in! Our team provides repairs and maintenance to help solve some of the most common air conditioning problems. Whether your unit is cycling and you are spending too much on energy or you’ve completely lost cooling capabilities, our team has the tools and knows the techniques needed to provide expert cooling solutions. Read more below about the most common AC problems.
- Air Filter – Your air conditioner’s filter is tasked with removing hair, dander, and other harmful particles from getting into your system. However, a clogged air filter will actually hurt system performance and cause a buildup of dust and debris. Change the air filter on a regular basis to prevent problems.
- Thermostat – Thermostat settings could also be to blame for your problems. If your thermostat is old or sits in direct sunlight, there could be a problem with what the sensors read. Additionally, make sure it’s tuned to “auto” and not “on.”
- Refrigerant Leaks –The refrigerant in your AC system helps with the process of cooling the air that goes into your home. Low refrigerant means the air that comes out of your vents won’t be as cold and won’t be as effective.
- Drainage –The condensation from your AC has to go somewhere. When the drainage lines are clogged, you may have a leakage problem that can cause water damage around your unit.
- Breakers or Fuses – Your AC is started by electricity that’s delivered via the circuit breaker. With a blown fuse or tripped breaker, your entire system will be shut down until this is rectified.
- Capacitors – The capacitor sends a jolt of electricity to the motor that runs a series of things in your AC unit. Without this, the motor, blower, and fan will not work.
- Compressor – The compressor applies energy to the refrigerant, which helps it carry out the heat transfer process.
- Evaporator Coils – These absorb the heat in the air and send it back outside via the blower fan of the outdoor unit. Coils may become corroded, covered in dust, cracked, or otherwise damaged.
- Condenser Coils – The condenser coils are in the outside unit, and they may become dirty or damaged. This can be cleaned, but severely dirty or damaged coils will need to be replaced.
- Worn Contactor – Contactors are located on various parts of your air conditioning unit. They provide the electrical connections that start the motor and other processes. Arcing and pitting make the contactors ineffective.
Air Conditioning Maintenance & Service Agreements
Seasonal Maintenance Checklist
- Install Gauges & Check Pressure
- Check Air Temperature across Evaporator
- Check Evaporator Superheat
- Lubricate All Moving Parts
- Check Evaporator Motor & Belt
- Check Compressor Amps
- Check Condenser Motor Amps
- Check Starting Contactors
- Check All Wiring & Connections
- Check Refrigerant Levels
- Inspect System for Leaks
- Install/Wash Filters
- Clean, Adjust & Replace T-State & T-Stat Batteries
Equipment Upgrades & Air Conditioning System Replacement
Air Conditioning Installation
Whether you’re moving into a new home or you’re worried about upgrading the system at your existing place of residence, it’s important to trust a team that provides the very best in installation, maintenance, and repairs. Even the most soundly installed and maintenance equipment can break down with complicated repairs that can be difficult to diagnose. With over 30 years in the business, we’ve set ourselves apart as the local experts for all heating problems. We’ve got the tools, knowledge, and resources to make an expert diagnosis that gets the problem fixed the first time. Our furnace installation services include:
- Proper sizing of all products
- Free Estimates
- Financing Available
- 24-Hour Emergency Service