Experiencing problems with your air conditioning unit is never fun, and it always seems to happen at the peak of the Edwardsville, IL summer heat. While there are many reasons to fear the need to replace your system, many units usually require simple repairs or maintenance checkups. Are you concerned about your system? Bellow are AC issues that do not require a replacement system and when to think about replacing your AC unit.
AC Issues that Don’t Warrant a Replacement System
- Accumulated Dirt in the HVAC Air Filter
- Uneven Home Temperatures Due to Low Refrigerant
- Thermostat Causing HVAC System Issues
- A Broken Blower Motor
- Clogged Drain Line
- Dirty Condenser Coils
Weighing the Pros & Cons of Repairing vs Replacing
Since there are several common issues that can go wrong with your AC, it doesn’t always mean a new AC unit is needed. A highly skilled technician should have your best interest in mind by presenting options and solutions to your malfunctioning air conditioning unit. They will let you know when it’s a simple fix or if it’s time to consider updating your HVAC System. When making an investment such as this, a homeowner should always consider weighing the pros and cons of repairing vs a replacement.
Reasons to Repair
- The cost of repairing is significantly less than replacing the whole system
- Your system is working great but just needs a little update
- If you are planning to move soon, it might not be worth your money to worry about it
Reasons to Replace
- When the total cost of repairs is a big chunk of what a new system would cost.
- New systems also come with a long-time warranty and give you less to worry about
- New units may have special financing or manufacturer rebates
- New systems are more energy-efficient and do not make as much noise
If you have noticed your AC has not been keeping up like it used to, consider calling Neuhaus Heating and Cooling. Our skilled technicians are happy to take a look at your system. We are here to help lay out all the options and solutions when deciding on an AC repair vs replacement. Even if your HVAC system seems to be running great, don’t forget to call us today to schedule a regular maintenance appointment or for any other questions, you may have.