Selecting the perfect air conditioning unit is crucial for homes in the Greenville, IL area. While the most common systems are the single-room and central air system air conditioner systems. The ductless mini-split system is a third system that represents a bit of compromise between the other two systems. If you are curious about what type of system is best for your home, keep on reading!
Central Air Conditioning
Central Air Conditioning options are the most popular pick for homeowners in the Greenville, IL area. This type of system circulates cool air throughout the home via a network of ducts and vents that are located in the walls, floors, and ceilings. This network of ducts carries the cold air from the air conditioner to the different sections of your home. As it circulates the cool air will eventually warm up and flow back into the central unit through the return ducts.
Some reasons why people choose central air systems to include:
- Moisture is Easier to Control: Lowing the humidity levels is vital in areas that have high moisture. Lower moisture levels will increase overall comfort and can help prevent the growth of mold in the home.
- It’s Good for Air Quality: Central air systems cut down on potentially harmful toxins and allergens that are in the air, allowing you and your family to breathe better.
- They are Quiet: Indoor noises from a modern central air system are quieter than other ones. The only noisy parts are all located outside, which means they will not disturb you or your family.
Window-Mounted Air Conditioning Units
Room air conditioners are able to cool individual rooms instead of your whole home. Since these units only provide target cooling to the area that is needed, they are typically not expensive to operate when compared to other systems. These window-mounted systems are the speediest way to recover from the summer heat, even though they may not have the efficiency of central air conditioner systems.
A possible drawback of this type of system is that it can put a strain on your home’s electrical system. This is especially true if you make the mistake of buying a unit that is too big in hopes of cooling off the room faster.
- They are Easy to Install: You won’t have to put any holes into the walls of your home.
- They Fit Most Homes: Sometimes installing new ductwork is simply not practical. This is where window units become the most suitable option.
- The More Affordable Option: For people who are on a tight budget, remodeling with central air or a mini-split system may not be possible. This is where the window-mounted system comes in!
Ductless Mini-Split Systems
A mini-split ac system has two basic components, an outdoor condenser/compressor, and an indoor air-handling unit. A conduit houses the power cable, tubing, and a drain for the condensation which connects the indoor and outdoor units. While it is true that this system is the most flexible type of system, the higher cost is a downside.
Here are a few reasons why it is beneficial to switch to a ductless mini-split system:
- They are Visually Appealing: A mini-split system offers flexibility with your home’s interior design. These types of systems are less bulky than your typical wall-mounted unit. This means that they are able to be secured on walls.
- They are More Secure: These units are different from window units, which can be easily removed from the outside by intruders.
- Ideal for Homes Without Ductwork: For older homes in Greenville, IL it is not possible to rip up walls and install ductwork, this is where the mini-split system comes in handy.
While there are many different types of air conditioning systems that you can choose from, you may want the help of a professional. Give our team at Neuhaus Heating & Cooling a call today!